Pierce Cedar Creek Institute is a nature center, environmental education center and biological field station located on 661 acres just nine miles south of Hastings, Michigan, in rural Barry County. With its mission to promote environmental education, research, preservation, and appreciation, the Institute maintains its property as a preserve under an easement granted by the Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy and works to provide educational programs and seasonal recreational for community members of all ages.
Pierce Cedar Creek Institute's Science Lending Library offers specimens, research equipment and classroom tools free of charge for Barry County educators for classroom use. Items can be picked up and returned at Pierce Cedar Creek Institute between 9 am and 5 pm, and kept for a term of 6 weeks.
- Lending is open to all Barry County educators for classroom use.
- Kits must be reserved 2 weeks in advance.
- Renewal of items after the 6-week term is subject to availability, please contact us at email@example.com or (269) 721-4190 for more information.
- By picking up items, you are taking responsibility for them. Failure to return items in good condition or on time may result in loss of privileges.
- Pierce Cedar Creek Institute has the right to reject orders.
In borrowing from the Pierce Cedar Creek Institute Science Lending Library, I agree to:
- Assume responsibility for returning item(s) on time.
- Prevent loss or abuse of equipment/software/resources.
- Return item(s) in clean and working order.
- Return equipment/software immediately if it ceases to operate.
- Assume financial responsibility of repairing/replacing any item that is damaged as a result of neglect or carelessness while in your possession, and replace any item(s) that are lost or damaged beyond repair.
- Obey software copyright laws. There will be absolutely no copying of CDs/USB/Thumbdrives. Borrower MUST remove programs from all computer hard disk drives prior to returning software.
*Note: Item(s) available for a 6-week loan period. For renewals, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine eligibility. Pierce Cedar Creek Institute cannot guarantee immediate availability of requested equipment.